Gathered Sleeve Hack
If your sleeve is too long you can give it a gathered look in less than 10 minutes!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2.5” (6.4cm) of a 3/8” (10mm) wide piece of elastic
- Fabric Scissors & Measure Tape
- Straight Pins
- Sewing Machine
WHAT YOU DO:
- Measure the excess from the tip of your shoulder to the top of where the sleeve is attached. Add
2.5” (6.4cm) to this measurement.
- Cut 2.5” (6.4cm) of a 3/8” (10mm) wide piece of elastic.
- Pin elastic to the shoulder seam.
- Mark your excess measurement with a pin and stretch your elastic between the pins.
- Zigzag and backstitch over the stretched elastic.