Expand Your Dress Hack
Use this hack to expand your favourite party dress that doesn't fit anymore.
WHAT YOU DO:
- Make a back underlay triangle by measuring the length and width of your opening, then add 2.5”
(6.4 cm) to each side measurement. Include 4” (10.2 cm) as the bottom measurement.
- Cut this triangle out with the top on a fold.
- Stitch the length seams, turn right sides out, then stitch the bottom closed.
- Add and sew on snap fasteners to the top corners and the bottom. Also on the inside of the dress.
- On your dress, stitch rip your seams to take out the zipper.
- Pin and sew in loop tape.
- Weave the ribbon between the loops and tie a bow.