For this beginner-level, no-sew project, you will need a ruler & scissors (or a rotary cutter &
- Place the wrong sides of 2 fleece fabrics together.
- Lay a ruler on the fabric 5” (12.7cm) parallel to the edge.
- Cut strips 1” (2.5cm) in width and 5” (12.7cm) deep toward the ruler.
- Cut a 45-degree angle off the left and right side of each fringe tip. You can use a ruler or
cut by eye estimation.
- Cut a ¾” (2cm) slit on the top fringe strip.
- Thread the bottom fringe strip up through the slit of the top fringe strip, then, using that
same strip, thread it down through the slit of the neighbouring strip.
- Next, thread the following bottom fringe strip up through its partnering top strip
containing the previous strip, then down through the neighbouring top slit.
- Repeat these steps until all of the bottom strips have been threaded.
NOTE: Pulling on the width of the fleece will reduce puckers
Congratulations, you can now make the Bunny Ear Knot Fringe!