A Ribbon Fringe makes a delightfully delicate edge finish on a fleece blanket
ideal for a child’s bedroom or as a gift for your bestie!
For this beginner-level, no-sew project, you will need a ruler & scissors (or a rotary cutter &
- Place the wrong sides of 2 fleece fabrics together.
- Lay a ruler on the fabric 3” (9cm) parallel to the edge.
- Cut strips 1” (2.5cm) wide and 3” (9cm) deep toward the ruler along the edge of the fabric.
- Cut 6” (cm) strips of ribbon. For best results, choose a ribbon ¼” or smaller.
- Wrap the ribbon evenly around one top & one bottom strip of the fringe. Tie a knot twice in
the ribbon to secure.
NOTE: Pulling on the width of the fleece will reduce puckering.
Congratulations, you can now make the Ribbon Fringe!