Braided Edge Fringe makes a clean, stylish edge finish for a fleece blanket that can be taken to
sleepovers, camp-outs and more!
For this beginner-level, no-sew project, you will need a ruler & scissors (or a rotary cutter &
- Place the wrong sides of 2 fleece fabrics together.
- Lay a ruler on the fabric 2” (5.1cm) parallel to the edge.
- ut the fleece 1” (2.5cm) wide and 2” (5.1cm) deep along the edge of the fabric.
- Cut a ¾” (2cm) slit in the centre of all fringe strips.
- Pull both the corresponding top & bottom strips of the fringe section up and through the
neighbouring top & bottom slits.
- Repeat this step with the fringe's neighbouring top & bottom strips until the entire edge
has been braided.
NOTE: Pulling on the width of the fleece will reduce puckering.
Congratulations, you can now make the Braided Fringe!