Faux Fur Tree Skirt
Create your own Faux Fur Tree Skirt and spice up your festive decor!
You will need:
- 1.5 m (150 cm) of faux fur
- Fabric scissors
- 33" (84cm) Yarn
- 12" (30.5cm) Loop with a 1” width
- 4" (10cm) Hook with a 1” width
Steps to creating the tree skirt:
- Fold fabric in half to make a rectangle.
- Fold in half again to make a square.
- Tie a marker to a 33" (84cm) piece of yarn.
- Measure 30” (76cm) from the folded corner that has no raw edges.
- Use your yarn to help with consistency when marking around 30” (76cm) from the corner.
- Cut along the curved line.
- Measure 3” (7.5cm) from the corner that has no raw edges.
- Use your yarn to help with consistency when marking around.
- Cut along the curved line to create the opening for the tree.
- Cut a slit from the edge to the inner circle.
- Cut squares and strips from the Hook & Loop.
- Cut 4 of 1” (2.5cm) hook squares and 4 of 3” (7.5cm) strips of loop.
- Sew 4 of 1” (2.5cm) hook squares to the underside of the faux fur on one side of the slit.
- Sew 4 of 1”x3” (2.5cm x 7.5cm) loop strips facing up on the underside of the faux fur opposite to
hook side of the slit. Let 2” (5cm) stick out.
- This will keep the tree skirt slit closed.